Least Favourite Words
- The recent and deeply irritating trend of portmanteau names to refer to celebrity couples as if they have become one single unit. It’s extremely annoying and eye-rollingly lazy writing.
- ‘Muffin top’ and ‘cankles’. Those cute and catchy names for invented problems that the media create purely to make women feel bad about themselves, and which we have, for some inexplicable reason started to use ourselves.
- ‘Amazeballs’. ‘Totes’. Even when used ironically, they’re a bit iffy.
- ‘Addicting’. I realise this may be an American thing, but it makes my teeth itch. It’s ‘AddictIVE’, people. ‘AddictIVE.’
- ‘Segued’, because I only recently learned that it is actually pronounced like ‘Segway’, but that makes no sense at all and makes me irrationally angry.